Alcohol Permits & Policies

The rules around alcohol vary by city. If it is a "private" event and you have an attendee list, you are usually not required to have a license. However you can always obtain a temporary license to be safe.

Temporary liquor licenses are required for public short-term retail events where alcoholic beverages will be served. Events that may require a temporary permit include catered events (such as weddings and business parties) or temporary retail establishments set up at festivals or fairs. As with traditional retailers and restaurant establishments, all event hosts must comply with federal laws against selling alcohol to underage drinkers.

Here are some additional resources to help you through the permitting process:

Did you find this article helpful?